Please receive this as an update regarding return to play for the 2021-2022 season.
Of particular significance is the requirement that players born 2009 and earlier will not be eligible to play if they are not fully vaccinated as of October 31, 2021
, as set out in the OMHA's Vaccination Policy. We encourage all members to review the policy in its entirety, which can be found at the following link:
OMHA Vaccination Policy
As we continue to navigate the pandemic, the TSMHA Board is working closely with the Town of Tecumseh to ensure safe and healthy conditions for TSMHA players and spectators.
In this respect, in addition to complying with the OMHA Vaccination Policy, please be mindful of these updated rules:
- All individuals are required to maintain a distance of 2 metres from others not of the same household at all times.
- All individuals who are not on the ice surface or otherwise actively engaged in play must wear a face covering over the mouth and nose. This includes all players; the player's mask must be worn at all times that the helmet is not being worn.
- All players and spectators must complete the screening waiver form prior to attending any TSMHA event.
- All players and spectators must follow all on-site signage.
- The Town of Tecumseh has strongly recommended that only necessary parents / guardians attend to spectate. At present, the Town is not restricting overall attendance; however, this may change if appropriate distancing cannot be maintain, or is not voluntarily maintained. TSMHA strongly recommends that only parents attend at this time.
- A maximum of 40 participants, including coaches, officials, etc. will be allowed on the ice surface.
- Spectators are required to avoid congregating inside the arena and/or the entrances / exits to the Arena. In order to achieve this:
- Players / participants are to arrive dressed as much as possible and are to enter the Arena no earlier than 20 minutes prior to the game time;
- Spectators are to enter the Arena no earlier than 10 minutes, unless one individual is required to enter early to assist with dressing, skate tying, etc.;
- Spectators are required to exit the Arena as soon as the game has finished and wait for players / participants in the parking lot or in their vehicles;
- Dressing rooms will be limited to maximum capacities, players shall not use other dressing rooms than those that have been designated and shall not exceed the maximum limits.
TSMHA will be updating the documents on the TSMHA website under the Covid Documents located on the main menu bar; we request that all members review this portion of the website regularly for updates.
Thank-you for your consideration and continued cooperation in helping us ensure a successful 2021-2022 season!
The Tecumseh Shoreline Minor Hockey Association