TSMHA is holding a "Coach 1 - "Intro to Coach" clinic on Saturday September 21, 2019
This clinic is being held for our current coaches within the TSMHA membership...
** If you are from a neighbouring centre, please contact our registrar for more info
This Coach 1 - Intro to Coach clinic is tailored for the coach who will be coaching Initiation ('13/'14), Minor Novice ('12) or Novice ('11).
The Hockey University *HU - ONLINE Coach 1 / 2 course MUST be completed before signing up for this clinic.
Failure to complete the *HU - ONLINE Coach course prior will NOT allow you to register for this in-person clinic.
CSA Approved Helmet/skates/stick/gloves required for On-ice session.
Please note that in order to be on an OMHA Approved Roster moving forward, you have to be 16 years of age or older.
Saturday September 21st, 2019
8:00am - 3:30pm
- 8:00am - REGISTRATION
- 8:30am - 12:30pm - IN CLASS
- 12:30pm - 1:30pm - LUNCH
- 1:30pm - 3:30pm - ON ICE
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE HOCKEY UNIVERSITY *HU - ONLINE COURSE
TO REGISTER FOR COACH 1 (INTRO TO COACH), PLEASE EMAIL:
Director Of Coaches Development
Place "Coach 1 Registration" in subject line
You will be sent a link to complete your registration
All Coaches, Trainers and Managers of TSMHA teams are eligible to receive reimbursement for position related certifications. Once the course has been completed and paid for, please complete the following for reimbursement.
- Email [email protected]
or leave in the arena mailbox addressed to TREASURER the certification of completion and receipt
- Ensure your name and address is on the receipt or documentation
- Ensure the team name (Houseleague or Travel) is indicated and your position with the team on the receipt.
- Allow three weeks for processing from the date of submission.
Hockey Canada’s National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) is a competency-based program. The program enables coaches to build their coaching tools and knowledge of the game, so they can work effectively with their players.
*The Community Coach clinic will be listed as Coach 2 – Coach Level on HCR and on Clinic Listings and will include the following two qualifications:
Coach 1 - Intro to Coach
Initiation / Tyke / Novice (HL & LL) | 5-7 year-olds
Coach 2 - Coach Level
Novice / Atom (All levels) | 8-10 year-olds
Peewee / Bantam / Midget – HL & LL | 11-18 year-olds
NCCP Community Coach clinic is designed for coaches working with players at the recreational level and emphasizes basic skills and the importance of having players develop confidence, self-esteem and a love for the game. The Community Coach training focuses on:
- Facilitating parent meetings
- Delivering effective practices
- Designing a safety program
- Teaching individual technical skills
- Preparing for game day
The Community Coach clinic is delivered in two parts. The Participant must first register for the clinic through the OMHA Clinics Listings page on the OMHA website.
- Part A: the Participant completes the 4-hour Hockey University (HU)* Online component - a link to the online component will be provided upon registration
- Part B: the in-person clinic which includes 4 hours in-class and 2 hours on-ice.
- This program replaces the current Intro Coach (CHIP) and Coach Stream clinics
- Hockey Canada’s Hockey University (HU) is a new, interactive online platform that will form part of a blended learning approach for entry-level clinics of Coach and Official education.